Building Change Together: Prevention Core Competencies Virtual Training
Building Change Together is now Virtual!
May 11-13, 2021
Session 1 – Space for first-time participants is full
Session 2 – Space for returning participants is full
9:00am – 3:30pm each day
This training is FREE to Members and Cal OES Subrecipients
There is a $90 fee for Non-Members
(must be paid at time of registration)
Registration is now closed.
When it comes to prevention, we know that advocates must strategize to use limited resources effectively in their communities. Providing prevention services during shelter in place is incredibly challenging, and community is critical!
At Building Change Together, California’s most comprehensive prevention training, we connect you with a circle of peers who will help you increase program efficacy and access to resources while mitigating burnout.
This three-day skill-building training is based on the Partnership’s Prevention Core Competencies Curriculum, and reviews the implementation of domestic violence, family violence and teen dating violence prevention initiatives. New and past participants are welcome to join us–and together, we will to explore fundamental frameworks for an individual or team to develop, implement, evaluate and sustain prevention initiatives in California communities.
Returning participants to Building Change Together will have the chance to continue their learning with a newly-created, enhanced track. As we explore the following topics, we will move beyond current strategies and dive deep into methods of increasing inclusiveness:
- Bystander Intervention
- LGBITQ+ Inclusive Prevention Strategies
- Youth Leadership
- Engaging Boys and Men
Training participants will be connected with a community of peers that will increase program efficacy and access to resources while mitigating burnout. Advocates who attend this training will leave with:
- Increased sense of community and network leading to more sustainable prevention efforts.
- Understanding of specific theories and models for creating community change that highlight strengths and contributions of prevention specialists to communities and anti-violence movement.
- Practical tools for strategically planning and implementing more effective and efficient prevention strategies.
- Increased understanding and ability to leverage existing resources and community assets for greater collective impact.
This training opportunity will help prevention teams by providing tools to create strategic change initiatives and outlining core competencies of prevention. This training will address core competencies in these critical areas:
- Foundations of Prevention—basic knowledge in domestic violence prevention and social change
- Planning for Prevention—creating a plan of action for organizations and individuals to implement a prevention initiative
- Implementing Prevention—putting a plan into action
- Evaluation—assessing an intervention initiative to determine if it’s implementation is effective and what improvements can be made
- Sustainability—building a lasting infrastructure that institutionalizes mechanisms for sustaining capacity for individuals and organizations
Training participants will create an action plan of collaborative strategies to evaluate and plan for existing or new prevention efforts. The Partnership will offer ongoing technical assistance and training to support the frameworks presented in Building Change Together, including the Prevention Peer Network which offers monthly training and networking opportunities that highlight the expertise of advocates across the state and country.
We’re looking forward to seeing you at Building Change Together. Register and spread the word to your team!
If you have attended this training in previous years, please indicate returning participant when registering!
For more information, please contact Miranda Stiers, Prevention Program Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Fees: Partnership Members and Cal OES Subrecipients: FREE | Non-Members: $90