Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month Member Events & Resources Library
In the spirit of partnership, we are happy to showcase some of the incredible work happening this month from prevention programs across the state. This is not a comprehensive list, and we welcome the opportunity to include your community’s efforts on our Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month Page.
Team Stronger Than You Think (A Youth Empowerment Group at SAVE)
Symbiosis 2021 Conference: Crossroads
February 20 @ 1-4 p.m.
Stronger Than You Think has worked on building this year’s conversation around intersectionality, hence the name “crossroads”! this year’s FREE virtual conference will feature workshops, activities, a keynote speaker, and performance!
Center for Community Solutions (CCS) Healthy Relationship Workshops
CCS will be offering free virtual workshops on topics about healthy relationships for youth ages 13-24. Participants can attend one or all four workshops.
- Thurs. Feb. 11, 4-5 pm: Unpacking Valentine’s Day Expectations
- Thurs. Feb. 18, 4-5 pm: Communication & Jealousy
- Thurs. Feb. 25, 4-5 pm: Technology & Consent
- Thurs Mar. 4, 4-5 pm: Unpacking Messages in Porn
Domestic Violence Solutions
Supporting Our Teens’ Relationships: Panel Discussion about healthy dating with leaders of Santa Barbara County youth-serving organizations | Wed. Feb. 17, 6:00 – 6:45 pm
Teen DV Webinar – Dating Violence | Tues. Feb. 16, 2-3pm
Join in a webinar that talks about what is dating violence. Some of the topics that will be covered are: What is dating violence?, Signs of dating violence, What to do as a bystander/friend of a victim/abuser, Local resources for help.
+ZOOM | Meeting ID: 968 8289 9459
Teen DV Webinar – Real Talk | Thurs. Feb. 18, 2-3pm
This is a webinar that will focus on open conversations regarding dating violence. This will be a safe space for high school students, where they can have their opinions heard about different aspects of dating violence.
+ZOOM | Meeting ID: 949 8351 9380
Haven Women’s Center
Problematic Romance in Media Livestream | Thurs. Feb. 11, 3pm
Follow @harrtroop on Instagram for the notification.
Women’s Shelter of Long Beach
TDVAPM: You are Not Alone Youth Conference | Feb. 20
Safe Alternatives to Violent Environments (SAVE)
Symbiosis is a free summit created by and for youth.
”Love is” social media campaign: Students will share their thoughts on what is love all week on their social media pages and will be using the hashtags #EmpowerTehama and #EndTeenDVTehama for tracking purposes | Week of Feb. 8 – 12
Haven Women’s Center
HARRT Podcast – two new episodes available this month on Spotify, Apple Podcast, Google Podcast and more
Social Media Campaign: Countdown to Healthy Love with daily activities, a TDVAM toolkit, facts and statistics about Teen Dating Violence, and fun ways to engage via our social media platforms!
+ENGLISH | +SPANISH
One Love “Love is Learned” Campaign
Sign up to receive emails and text messages with healthy relationship tips and actionable things you can do to Love Better!
- Text “loveislearned” to (833) 344-0113 or sign up here to join. These tips will include how to engage in healthy conflict with a partner or friend, how to re-build trust after it’s been broken (and if it’s possible), how to navigate break-ups and rejection, and more!
- The 3 students who get the most friends/peers to sign-up will win a gift card to the store (they just have to submit their friends names here).
- Get “Gut-Check” activities to accompany the 30-second Love is Learned video. You can download these activities in the One Love Education Center by clicking this +LINK.
SDDVC’s Teen Dating Violence (TDV) Committee
The TDV Committee is hosting a social media awareness campaign on Instagram. For more information, email the TDV Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pledge to treat our partners with equality and respect. +SIGN THE PLEDGE
- +TOOLKIT (includes information, Zoom background, and resources about everything the committee doing for TDVAM)
- Follow @ccs_prevents, @syhteenclinic and @youthnews_sdys on Instagram to see weekly educational posts about the campaign and healthy relationships.
- Attend our Instagram Live HOT Take – prevention staff will be hosting a live Q&A to answer any and all questions we receive anonymously throughout the month. What’s unique is this will take place while prevention staff eat literal spicy food with food getting spicier!