Solidarity with Afghanistan
Explore Resources and Get Involved
The Partnership stands in solidarity with those living through the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan. Our movement knows that people would not leave their homes unless their homes were no longer safe. As refugees seek asylum and safety—especially women and children who face higher rates of violence during conflict and war—we encourage you to get involved using the links below. Let’s come together in Beloved Community to help our neighbors escape violence.
Support these organizations:
Follow and share their social media to spread awareness on the efforts of these organizations.
- Women for Afghan Women – NY & Afghanistan
- Afghan Coalition - Fremont, CA
- IRC - Sacramento, CA
- IRC - San Francisco & East Bay, CA
- IRC – San Jose, CA
- IRC – Turlock, CA
- IRC – Los Angeles, CA
- IRC – San Diego, CA
- Opening Doors – Sacramento, CA
- Miles4Migrants – Donate your frequent flyer miles, credit card points, and cash to help people impacted by war, persecution, or disaster reunite with loved ones and start new beginnings in safe homes.
- AirBnB - Open your home as a place of refuge for emergency temporary housing through the Open Homes program.
- Amazon Wishlist - Send needed items to help families and children resettle.
- Volunteer - The International Rescue Committee (IRC) offers volunteer opportunities to work remotely and in person (while following COVID-19 precautions).
- Soft Landing Fund – Donate to IRC Northern California’s Emergency Response Fund for new Afghan arrivals.
- Call Your Representatives – Urge your elected officials to advocate for the expedited processing of SIV, asylum, and refugee visas. Use the link to find a call script.
- Email the White House - Ask President Biden to act swiftly to protect at-risk Afghans.
- What is happening in Afghanistan?
- What’s happening to women and girls in Afghanistan?
- Evacuations from Afghanistan: What is the Afghan Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) program?
- How the U.S. refugee vetting and resettlement process really works
- Free legal document translation for Afghan refugees – email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.