Strengthening prevention education in middle schools and high schools
The Partnership’s March Prevention Peer Network Web Conference will focus on strengthening prevention education in middle schools and high schools. During this Prevention Education Track web conference, we will share strategies for:
- Updating dating violence prevention curriculum and teaching methods;
- Responding to challenging questions and classroom dynamics; and,
- Building on classroom-based education toward comprehensive school-based prevention.
Our facilitators will be:
- Laura Buckner, Prevention Program Coordinator, Tahoe SAFE Alliance
- Trisha Baird, Prevention Program Manager, Tahoe SAFE Alliance
We will reference the following materials in our discussion:
- What Works in Prevention: Principles for Effective Prevention ProgramsThe Ohio Domestic Violence Network’s TDV Curriculum Comparison
- Virginia Sexual and Domestic Violence Action Alliance’s Building Healthy Relationships Across Virginia: A Facilitator’s Guide to TDV Prevention, Unit 6 Promoting Healthy Relationships
- Educating for a Change (note: this is a pdf book)
Prevention Peer Network Web Conferences are an interactive opportunity for knowledge sharing and network building among domestic violence (DV) and teen dating violence (TDV) prevention advocates and educators across California. Web conferences use Power Point slides (viewed on your computer using an Internet connection), text chats, and a teleconference line to offer participants multiple ways to share and learn together. Prevention Peer Network Web Conferences are offered as a free benefit for members of the California Partnership to End Domestic Violence. Through web conferences and other activities, we are nurturing a vibrant and diverse prevention peer network in California.
Here’s what a recent participant had to say:
“Hands down, you are doing a great job with the Prevention Peer Network Web Conferences!”
When: Tuesday March 20, 2012 at 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM
PST. NOTE: This web conference will be held from
3:00-4:30 PM instead of the usual 1:30-3 PM time.
Where: Web conference log-in and call-in information will be provided when you register.
Learn more about our Prevention Peer Network Web Conferences on our web page or contact Alicia Stonebreaker at email@example.com or 800.524.4765 x105.