Virtual Policy Advocacy Day
This event is a benefit of membership with the Partnership.
Register for Virtual Policy Advocacy Day!
- April 29th – 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Zoom visits with legislators
- Free for all Partnership and CALCASA Members
Our entire movement is rising to address unprecedented challenges caused by COVID-19—and still meeting survivors’ and communities needs with tenacity, creativity, and enhanced virtual connection. To prioritize everyone’s health and well-being, we will follow this example with changes to our Annual Membership Meeting and Policy Advocacy Day events:
- Our Annual Membership Meeting is canceled, and we will be in touch at a later date to provide more information and a chance to connect, when we all have time to focus on it. For now, we are committed to supporting Partnership Members through the current crisis.
The Partnership Awards ceremony will be held during the reception of our Statewide Domestic Violence Conference, Shifting the Lens (scheduled for November 8-10). This means we’ll be accepting nominations on a rolling basis until closer to the event (no more April 5th deadline!).
- For the first time ever, we will engage in a Virtual Policy Advocacy Day with the California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA). This is free and open to all Partnership and CALCASA Members! On Wednesday, April 29th, we’ll come together on Zoom for a briefing and short program, join separate virtual visits with legislators, and then reconvene at the end of the day for a group debrief. As in prior years, the Partnership will schedule all Policy Advocacy Day legislative meetings. Join us in wearing your best denim to commemorate #DenimDay!
➜ If you were previously registered for our in-person Annual Membership Meeting + Policy Advocacy Day: We will email you to confirm whether you’re still able to participate in our April 29th virtual event. If so, we can move your registration over to the new form without any further action from you.
We are working with the Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown Arena to cancel all room reservations in the block—so there is no need to cancel on your own. Additionally, there will be no fee associated with this cancellation. If you’d like to call the hotel for any reason, you can reach a staff member at (866) 238-4218.
➜ New registrants: please use this link to register for our virtual event.
Our voices will still be heard at the Capitol! Don’t miss the opportunity to advocate for the Partnership’s policy priorities, which include two vital budget items: ongoing funding for prevention, and additional allocations to address homelessness caused by domestic violence.
Thank you for the work you’re doing every day to build supportive, equitable communities. We’re here for you—to listen, connect you with resources and one another, and lift up your voice to policymakers. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Partnership at email@example.com or (916) 444-7163.
If you’re interested in attending our Virtual Policy Advocacy Day event, please learn about membership and apply today!
Questions? Email Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org.