Multilingual Services in:
English: (888) 339-SAFE (7233)
Spanish: (510) 303-9953
Ruby’s Place has two shelters, our shelter for women and children who have experienced domestic violence or human trafficking is located in Hayward. Our shelter for adult men who have experienced human trafficking is located in Oakland. You have access to the following services during your stay:
- Case Management Services:
- Peer Counseling
- Case Planning
- Employment Assistance
- Educational Counseling and Assistance in Enrollment
- Budget and Finance Counseling
- Housing Search and Application Assistance
- Housing Follow-up and Placement Assistance
- Referrals and Application Assistance to Linkages Transitional Housing when Applicable
- Court Accommodation
- Restraining Order Services
- Cal Works, GA, WIC, Food Stamp and other Social Service Assistance and Advocacy
- Immigration Support and Counseling
- Therapeutic Services:
- Psychiatric Referrals
- Mental Health Counseling and Therapy
- Life skills Counseling
- Parenting Education and Counseling
- Domestic Violence Counseling, Support, and Human Trafficking
- Victims of Crime advocacy and application assistance.
- Family therapy
- Infant-parent psychotherapy
- Aftercare mental health services including home visits
- Children’s Program Services:
- Children’s Individual Group Therapy and Educational Play
- Tutoring Program
- Parent and child bonding activities and field trips.
- Parent guidance and discipline techniques.
- Advocacy for educational and developmental delayed services.
- Other In-Shelter Services:
- Perishable and Non-Perishable Food: Basic food items are provided on a daily basis to make meals for each family, kitchen is available daily.
- Weekly one on one counseling and group counseling for monolingual Spanish speaking clients.
- Laundry facilities.
- Playground for children.
- Entertainment and children’s games, arts & crafts, books, for children.
- Kitchen, dining room and stocked pantry open daily- free of charge
- Clothing closet for shelter clients, families and individuals’ clothes, shoes and undergarments- free of charge.
- Resource center with computer and internet access.
- Access to a phone for local calls and longer distance when it pertains to housing, job search, or social services.
Ruby’s Place has transitional housing and rapid rehousing for those experiencing domestic violence and human trafficking. Our transitional housing beds are located on the same property as our shelter and all shelter services are offered to transitional housing clients. Typical stay in our transitional housing program is two years. You do not need to be staying in our shelter to enter this program. If you are interested in applying to our transitional housing program please contact our intake line at 888-339-7233. Please note this program has a limited number of spots.