Humboldt County DHHS Public Health Family Violence Prevention
This organization does not provide crisis services
The Family Violence Prevention Program (FVPP) is a primary prevention program of the Healthy Communities Division. FVPP uses many strategies for the prevention of violence in Humboldt County, including:
- Artistic Solutions – Workshops for participants of county programs using art as a tool for preventing family violence.
- Workforce Development – Free workshops that give service providers tools for working with families experiencing intimate partner violence. See links below for the manual that is often included in these trainings.
- Community Education – Participation in community events such as health fairs and conferences; classroom and workplace presentations. Inter-departmental training- Offers trainings within the Department of Health & Human Services to equip employees with tools to address family violence.
- Resources and Referrals – Provides information on local resources such as victim services or batterer intervention programs. Also provides information on local workshops related to family violence issues.
- Community Collaboration – Works with organizations such as the Humboldt County Domestic Violence Coordinating Council to coordinate campaigns such as Domestic Violence Awareness Month and the Humboldt County Silent Witness Project.
Eureka, CA 95501
Office: (707) 268-2132