Domestic Violence Awareness Month 2019
Growing the Seeds of Healing and Justice
It’s vital that survivors are centered and heard in efforts to educate policymakers and the public—so for Domestic Violence Awareness Month in October, we’re seeking input from survivors about how they could feel more supported, what changes need to be made in communities to make healing & justice more accessible, and their hopes for the future. Responses will be represented in a cherry blossom tree infographic and shared throughout DVAM, so stay tuned for the debut on our website, cpedv.org. In the meantime, and throughout October, access and share the survey in English and Spanish! Answering these questions maybe triggering, so we have provided a range of support resources on the introductory page of the survey.
Please help spread the word about our survivor survey, and also consider customizing your own!
Editable Social Media Template
The following tools will allow organizations to add quotes from survivors in their communities.
- PDF: www.cpedv.org/sites/main/files/cpedv-social-template.pdf
Since our webinar, this has been updated to allow for larger text (easier to read on mobile):
- PowerPoint: www.cpedv.org/sites/main/files/cpedv-social-template.pptx
Some may find it easier to edit these images using PowerPoint. Simply create a text box and add a quote, then save the document as an image or PDF.
- PowerPoint: www.cpedv.org/sites/main/files/cpedv-templates.pptx
You can use the same strategy as above. Create a text box, add a quote, and save the document as an image or PDF:
- PDF: http://cpedv.org/sites/main/files/main-images/cpedv-templates.pdf
Sample 2019 DVAM Proclamation—a Member Exclusive | Interested in becoming a member? Visit cpedv.org/membership.
- Log into MemberClicks to access this resource: https://cpedv.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_ccboard&view=postlist&forum=16&topic=75&Itemid=
Feel free to contact Jessica Merrill, Communications Manager, at email@example.com.