May 14, 2019 Action Alert: Call your Legislators Today
Prevention Works to End Sexual & Domestic Violence
Prevention means engaging communities beyond awareness, and transforming it into action. Now more than ever, we need people power to call for $50 million in ongoing funding to prevent sexual and domestic violence. Because Governor Newsom did not include this request in his May Budget Revision last week, Californians must act now to ensure that it’s a priority at the Capitol. The final budget will be released in just a few short weeks!
If your Assemblymember or Senator is on the list below, please contact them today and use our sample script!
Key Assembly Budget Committee Members:
- Asm. Philip Ting | D-19, San Francisco: (916) 319-2019
- Asm. Jay Obernolte | R-33, Hesperia: (916) 319-2033
- Asm. Reginald Byron Jones-Sawyer | D-59 , Los Angeles: (916) 319-2059
- Asm. Tom Lackey | R-36, Palmdale: (916) 319-2036
- Asm. Melissa Melendez | R-67, Murrieta: (916) 319-2067
- Asm. Mark Stone | D-29, Santa Cruz: (916) 319-2029
- Asm. Shirley Weber | D-79, San Diego: (916) 319-2079
Key Senate Budget Committee Members:
- Sen. Holly Mitchell (Chair) | D-30, Los Angeles: (916) 651-4030
- Sen. Jim Nielsen (Vice Chair) | R-4, Chico: (916) 651-4004
- Sen. Jim Beall (Championing our budget request) | D-15, San Jose: (916) 651-4015
- Sen. John M.W. Moorlach | R-37, Costa Mesa: (916) 651-4037
- Sen. Nancy Skinner | D-9, Oakland: (916) 651-4009
My name is [your name] and I am from [city and organization, if applicable]. I am calling to support $50 million in ongoing prevention funding to end domestic and sexual violence in California. This budget request is being championed by Senator Beall and Assemblymember Rubio. I urge your aye vote in the Budget Committee. Thank you for investing in prevention and supporting survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
After making your calls, please be sure you’ve signed and shared our campaign’s Change.org petition. Thank you for helping create social change in California!