Orange Day Events at the Capitol
Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month
- February 12, 2019
- Rally – 10 a.m., North Steps of the State Capitol
- Educational Briefing: Promise and Impact of Sexual and Domestic Violence Prevention in California – 11 a.m., State Capitol, room TBD
- Lunch at Capitol Garage - 12-2:30 p.m., 1500 K Street, Sacramento
Get ready for Orange Day at California’s Capitol! If you believe that teen dating violence is preventable—and that youth are in the best position to lead the way— this is where you’ll want to be on February 12th. Show solidarity at our Orange Day Rally. You’ll hear young people’s strategies for promoting healthy relationships and challenging the social norms that encourage violence. We’re asking adult allies, and legislators in particular, to listen to these ideas and pledge their support.
Immediately following the rally will be an educational briefing at the Capitol — the Promise and Impact of Sexual and Domestic Violence Prevention in California. We’ll end our Orange Day events with lunch and a meet/mingle at the nearby Capitol Garage restaurant. Mention the Partnership when ordering, and 20% of your tab will benefit the Partnership!
Remember to wear orange on February 12th and share photos using #Orange4Love and #PreventionAcrossCA!
PS: Can’t make Orange Day at the Capitol? Get involved in your community!
- If your organization works with youth, let them take the lead on Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, and in-person events.
- Take a picture in your orange gear and post on Instagram, Twitter & Facebook. Use #Orange4Love & PreventionAcrossCA