Building Change Together: Prevention Core Competencies Training
January 15 – 17, 2019
8:30am – 4:30pm
2305 West Shaw Avenue Fresno, CA 93711
Scroll down to register!
When it comes to prevention, we know that advocates must strategize to use limited resources effectively in their communities. At Building Change Together, California’s most comprehensive prevention training, we connect you with a circle of peers who will help you increase program efficacy and access to resources while mitigating burnout.
This three-day skill-building training is based on the Partnership’s Prevention Core Competencies Curriculum, and reviews the implementation of domestic violence, family violence and teen dating violence prevention initiatives. New and past participants are welcome to join us–and together, we will to explore fundamental frameworks for an individual or team to develop, implement, evaluate and sustain prevention initiatives in California communities.
Returning participants to Building Change Together will have the chance to continue their learning with a newly-created, enhanced track. As we explore the following topics, we will move beyond current strategies and dive deep into methods of increasing inclusiveness:
- Bystander Intervention
- LGBITQ+ Inclusive Prevention Strategies
- Youth Leadership
- Engaging Boys and Men
Training participants will be connected with a community of peers that will increase program efficacy and access to resources while mitigating burnout. Advocates who attend this training will leave with:
- Increased sense of community and network leading to more sustainable prevention efforts
- Understanding of specific theories and models for creating community change that highlight strengths and contributions of prevention specialists to communities and anti-violence movement
- Practical tools for strategically planning and implementing more effective and efficient prevention strategies
- Increased understanding and ability to leverage existing resources and community assets for greater collective impact
If you have attended this training in previous years, please indicate “Returning Participant” when registering.
Registration Fees: Partnership Members: FREE | Non-Members: $90
For more information, please contact Miranda Stiers, Capacity-Building Program Specialist at email@example.com.