Building Change Together: Prevention Core Competencies Training
April 3 – 5, 2018: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Hilton Sacramento Arden West: 2200 Harvard St, Sacramento, CA 95815
This training is FREE to Members
$90 free for Non-Members
Based on the Partnership’s Core Competencies Curriculum released in June 2015, this 3-day, skill-building training will focus on the implementation of domestic violence, family violence and teen dating violence prevention initiatives. We will welcome past participants and welcome new participants to Sacramento to explore fundamental and essential frameworks, attitudes, characteristics, skills and behaviors widely considered to be necessary for an individual or team to develop, implement, evaluate and sustain prevention initiatives in communities.
Returning participants to Building Change Together will have the chance to continue their learning with a newly-created, enhanced track. As we explore the following topics, we will move beyond current strategies and dive deep into methods of increasing inclusiveness:
- Bystander Intervention
- LGBITQ+ Inclusive Prevention Strategies
- Youth Leadership
- Engaging Boys and Men
Training participants will be connected with a community of peers that will increase program efficacy and access to resources while mitigating burnout. Advocates who attend this training will leave with:
- Increased sense of community and network leading to more sustainable prevention efforts
- Understanding of specific theories and models for creating community change that highlight strengths and contributions of prevention specialists to communities and anti-violence movement
- Practical tools for strategically planning and implementing more effective and efficient prevention strategies
- Increased understanding and ability to leverage existing resources and community assets for greater collective impact