2018 Shifting the Lens Conference
About the Conference
Our movement is in the midst of profound transformation as we re-examine our narrow focus on immediate safety needs and perhaps see new solutions with those who commit harm. The Shifting The Lens Conference offers rich content encouraging attendees to refocus the lens to reveal a bigger picture with more comprehensive strategies and interconnected communities. Advocates, multi-disciplinary partners and intersecting social justice activists coming together at Shifting The Lens will explore a wide range of approaches that advance real social change in California!
Last year, our Conference drew the largest crowd we’ve ever seen—and we are anticipating another amazing response this year. Register today!
- Pathways to Prevention: Community Organizing and Mobilization at the Intersections
- Domestic Violence in Indian Country: Centering Healing and Prevention for Community Wellness
- Serving Whole Families: What does that Mean and What’s the Impact?
- Creative Alternative Approaches to Survivor Centered Services
- Culturally Responsive Organizations: Leveling the Field with Inclusive Policies and Practices
- Making the Margin the Center: From Theory to Practice
- Remedies Within & Beyond the Criminal Legal System, What’s Possible?
Event Details & Important Links
Members receive a discounted rate at our Conference, and early-bird registration ends February 2nd. Register now to receive the lowest price available!
Monday, March 5 – Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Marriott San Francisco Airport Waterfront
1800 Old Bayshore Hwy
Burlingame, CA 94010
You can make hotel reservations online or by calling the Marriott reservation line at 1-888-228-9290. Please note our room block closes on Friday, February 10th, 2018 after which point the discounted rate will no longer be available.
Click here to register today!
Member Event Registration
- Early Bird Price: $175 if registered by Friday, February 2
- Regular Price: $225 if registered after Friday, February 2
Non-Member Event Registration
- Early Bird Price: $300 if registered by Friday, February 2
- Regular Price: $350 if registered after Friday, February 2
Members save $125!
Travel Assistance – a Member Exclusive!:
Deadline to apply: January 12, 2018
*Please note, all applicants must be registered to attend the Statewide Conference before being considered for travel assistance.
Travel To & From the Conference:
The San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is 1 mile from the San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront. For more information on getting to the hotel, click here.
Workshops and speakers will be announced soon! Please stay tuned for more information.
Questions? Please contact us at Conference@cpedv.org