Teen DV Month 2016: California Educators
Teachers, Counselors, School Personnel, School Administrators, School Board Members
Are you ready for Teen DV Month?
- Do you know your local DV/SA org?
- Are healthy relationships part of your curriculum?
- Do you have staff training?
- We encourage you to find the Partnership member program in your community by looking at our interactive map. Our members are experts on adolescent dating abuse, and are already serving youth in crisis. They are excellent resources for beginning the conversation about addressing adolescent dating abuse on your campus, and can significantly aid in the development of healthy relationship curricula and staff training plans.
- Do you have a policy on adolescent dating abuse?
- Take a look at California’s newest policy brief on adolescent dating abuse, co-written by the California Partnership to End Domestic Violence (the Partnership) and the California School Boards Association. The Partnership stands ready to answer any questions on creating school policies on adolescent dating abuse. If you’re ready to look into incorporating adolescent dating abuse into your school safety plan, we’re ready to begin that process with you. Email us at email@example.com.
Change your Facebook or Twitter profile picture:
Teen DV Month Challenge: Starting February 1st, the first individual or organization to change their Facebook picture to our campaign theme will win a Teen DV Month award and $25 Amazon gift card! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your speedy profile picture change!
Take our quiz:
Connect with your local domestic violence organization and take a selfie (don’t forget to sign your print-out!):
Teen DV Month Challenge (Educator Exclusive): Starting February 1st, the first educator/group of educators to take a selfie with their local domestic violence organization and post to social media using #PreventionStar will win a Teen DV Month award and $25 Amazon gift card. Email your selfie to email@example.com.
Join us for a series of live Periscope Chats! These chats will feature case studies of leaders in our state that are promoting school policies on adolescent dating abuse.
Chat #1: February 8, 2016 @ 2:30 p.m.
Chat #2: February 18, 2016 @ 10:30 a.m.
Chat #3: Updated Time - February 24, 2016 @ 4:30 p.m.
Get involved in Orange Day! Share our save-the-date and wear orange on February 9, 2016, and share pictures with your social networks. Don’t forget to use the hashtags #PreventionStar and #Orange4Love!
Read our policy brief on adolescent dating abuse and share it with a colleague.
Teen DV Month Challenge – the organization with the most shares by the end of February will win a Teen DV Month award and $25 Amazon gift card. Don’t forget to use the #PreventionStar hashtag! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at the end of February to confirm your participation.